Friday, April 27, 2012

Jaded

Jaded

This despair that i've grown to love
this loneliness that i've grown fond of
this life that i've grown to hate
this being that i've grown to be

drifting away further and further
away from the reality that hurt
drowning deeper and deeper
below the shimmery glint of revenge

who is this i see standing in front of me
with sad brown eyes and a sad crooked smile
who is this i see touching my face
with cold cold hands and icy stare

don't keep me here anymore
don't chain me to this golden cage
don't tempt me with a brighter future
don't blind me with hopes of love

merely an illusion of being
to disguise the hatred within
merely an imaginary of life
to hide the ugliness inside


don't turn a blind eye to me
don't shut your ears away
don't run away from my truth
don't kill what's left of me

No comments:

Post a Comment